This week, we announced the winners of the 4th Annual OU Creaties. These awards celebrate the best new websites built by OU Create users.
We had over a hundred nominees for the Creaties this year, and more than 40 staff and faculty members were nominated for prizes. Dr. Heather Bedle won the award for Best Staff or Faculty Blog or Portfolio for her site, bedle.oucreate.com.
Dr. Bedle’s site is clean, and its accessible layout serves as a model for other faculty and lab leaders. Dr. Bedle used the Lovecraft theme created and shared gratis by Anders Noren, which provides accessible font and customizable featured images for each page. The simple menu structure and great information layout make it easy to navigate the site. Dr. Bedle’s inclusion of profiles of the graduate students she’s working with simultaneously features her collaborative research and promotes the students’ work.
Congratulations Dr. Heather Bedle on your fantastic work.
You can see more of the winners in this video and in our series of posts on the winners:
- Best Student Portfolio or Blog: Alice Calmon
- Best Student Portfolio or Blog: Kevin Thiel
- Best Faculty/Staff Portfolio or Blog: Heather Bedle
- Best Course Blog: Nick Lolordo (coming later this week)
- Best Blog Post: Anna Margret Sverrisdottir (coming later this week)
- Best Solo Project: Imran Hasnat (coming later this week)
- Best Group Project: Jen Blair & Jack Broach (coming later this week)